Here's my day one progress of what is currently called "Sirin" (likely to change).
A lot of people have been asking for "Chirp but for Mastodon" and I'm exploring it but promising nothing haha.
If anything it's a fun distraction, but it may be my next app, depends how busy I am.
I'm a long way off a beta, but I'll keep everyone posted.
“The thing we understand, which is proven in international research, is that providing housing for homeless persons is always more cost-effective for society than keeping people homeless…We did a study that showed when a former homeless person gets housing, even with support, the cost savings for society are at least €15,000/person per year.”
Canadian city learning from Finland.
Great things are happening in Michigan, with our new trifecta, and Governor Whitmer at the helm.
Dems are …
Repealing our extreme 1931 law banning abortions
Repealing outdated laws restricting who you can marry
Codifying LGBTQ rights
Passing the Elliott-Larson Civil Rights Act
Protecting election workers
Ensuring union wages in construction
Gov Whitmer also intends to provide preschool for all 4-year-olds, gun safety laws, tax cuts for seniors, & so much more!
🚨 BIG NEWS! 🚨
1. We have successfully broadcast #GreatApe to 20 people distributed across North America. Some folks on the Fediverse were there to witness it!
2. We have wireframed a registration process for joining a #GreatApe instance
3. We have also wireframed a home feed and post UI/UX
4. We've developed an additional skin for #GreatApe video conferencing
This is important — closing Central #Madrid to cars over holidays resulted in a 9.5% boost in retail spending on its main shopping street: STUDY.
There was also a 71% drop in air pollution.
Here’s a challenging question — What’s a REALLY SMART PUBLIC POLICY DECISION OR PROGRAM you’ve seen a city make, that actually resulted in a more livable, equitable, healthy and/or sustainable city for people? Share enough details for everyone to understand your choice. Repost if you can, to spread the question to more folks. Thanks!
Ice Cubes is available on the App Store, it’s a fast, customisable, easy to use client. It awesome features that will make you love the app!
- Pin any local timeline from any instance!
- Quote toot!
- Easily switch between your Home, Local, Federated, Trending timeline and even your lists and followed tags.
- Direct message interface.
- It's 100% free and Open source!
Feel free to boost so the whole Fediverse can know about it!
@ctp @Drwave Having owned an EV for 4 years, I don’t think the idea of “the battery ages” outweighs the benefits of “things you simply don’t have to think about because it’s just not a problem at all” as a counterbalance. But it’s a journey for everyone.
I will staunchly say, once you go EV, you do *not* go back. I eagerly await more options for everyone (style, cost, price point, preferred manufacture, etc..).
I know a lot of you use @Vivaldi and would like to help us grow. Here are a few things you can do to help us grow. Thank you for your support!
1. Recommend @Vivaldi to your friends. Help them install and setup. Show them the features you think they would most like.
2. Follow @Vivaldi here and on other social networks you frequent.
3. Boost articles by @Vivaldi which have a broader appeal here and on other social networks.
4. Invite your friends to join Vivaldi Social.
Have a great weekend!
Kiwi through Belfast and San Jose. I make your 🍏⌚️ tick.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!